Student Finance Phone Number 0844 545 9990 Calls to our 0844 number cost only 5p per minute, plus your phone companies access charge.

Student Finance Telephone Number 0844 545 9990

Student Finance phone number 0844 545 9990 where they will assist you with your enquiry and where student Finance can be applied for

student finance phone number Telephone support 0844 545 9990

When you call, please have the following information to hand so they can deal with your call as quickly and effectively as possible:

If you are calling Student Finance on behalf of a student

They will not be able to discuss any aspect of the account with you unless the student has given us permission to do so.
They do not have a contact email address for customer enquiries. Please contact them on our telephone number 0844 545 9990

Repayment of student loans click here

You only start paying your Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan back when you’re earning over a certain amount:

When will I start repaying?

  • Courses started before September 2012 Then repayments begin when you earn over £15,000
  • Courses started after September 2012 Then repayments begin when you earn over £21,000

Earliest payment –  If you earn over these thresholds then the earliest student loan payments can start to be taken is the April after you leave university.

How much is taken?


You leave college/university in June 2011 and start working in August 2011       earning £1500 a month (£18,000 a year).
Your repayments don’t start until April 2012.
income in April £1500 – Starting limit £1316 = £184
£184 x 9% = £16 repaid in April.

How is it taken?

Student loan repayments are made in different ways according to your employment situation. Telephone Customer Service offer this number as a signposting service only which will contact you to Student Finance but with whom we are in no way affiliated to. An alternative number can be found on their website. See Terms and Conditions

  • If you are employed, then student loans deductions will be made automatically from your salary, just like tax payments.
  • If you are self-employed, you will be responsible for calculating and making your own repayments. Visit Directgov’s Self Assessment page to work out how to do this.
  • If you are living abroad then it is your responsibility to inform authorities and make a repayment arrangement with the Student Loans Company. This is done through filling in the ‘Overseas Income Assessment Form’.

Student Finance Contact Number

0844 545 9990 [starrating template_id=4 select=” hide_empty=0]

Review Student Finance

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.